Aller au contenu

Version-detection On Nintendo Carts

Messages recommandés

Just for the case this hasn't made the round to you yet:

You know that there are sometimes several versions of game-dumps like 1.1 1.2 etc. Most Nintendo-systems have internal version-numbering. NES doesn't unfortunately.

On the cart label there is a 2-digit number "pressed" in it. Only visible when holding it in the light. For console-systems it's on the backlabel (N64, SNES + NES), for handhelds on the front. Now if this number is folowed my an A it is a v1.1 - B means 1.2 and so on. Examples:

20=v1.0

20A=v1.1

20B=v1.2

I'm posting this for the reason that I would like to get rid of the strange codes for NES-renaming (PRG1, CHR2 etc.) and use real version numbering. For example we have "Operation Wolf (E) (PRG0 CHR1)". It is the same crc as the rom you dumped. Can you please tell me the code for this cart so I know which version it is? And maybe you can always add this code to the dump-info for each game? Thank you!

I know for example that Super Mario Bros PAL has an 1.1 version (I own a cart with XXA and a friend too) Mega man 3 PAL has 2 different versions too. One 1.0 with a faulty boss fight an a 1.1 which is probably fixed. And a lot of others. So it seems nessecary to check the codes to avoid later confusion.

Btw if anyone is willing to check his snes/N64 or gb/gbc collection for versions that are not dumped yet and is willing to lend his cart feel free to post. For example we need:

N64:

Turok 2 (U) (v1.1)

Castlevania (U) (v1.1)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (v1.1)

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (U) (v1.1)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (U) (v1.1)

Mario kart v1.2 (E)?

Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil V1.1 (E)

Waverace v1.1 (E) (Player's Choice version?)

snes:

possibly Terranigma (F) 1.1

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (E) (M2) (v1.0) (french-english version)

Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) (v1.0) - maybe exists?

and also a few jap. missing versions.

but if you find ANY cart that you suspect is not dumped even if it is not listed (we don't know exactly what exists of course) please post! Thank you!

Just for the case this hasn't made the round to you yet:

You know that there are sometimes several versions of game-dumps like 1.1 1.2 etc. Most Nintendo-systems have internal version-numbering. NES doesn't unfortunately.

On the cart label there is a 2-digit number "pressed" in it. Only visible when holding it in the light. For console-systems it's on the backlabel (N64, SNES + NES), for handhelds on the front. Now if this number is folowed my an A it is a v1.1 - B means 1.2 and so on. Examples:

20=v1.0

20A=v1.1

20B=v1.2

I'm posting this for the reason that I would like to get rid of the strange codes for NES-renaming (PRG1, CHR2 etc.) and use real version numbering. For example we have "Operation Wolf (E) (PRG0 CHR1)". It is the same crc as the rom you dumped. Can you please tell me the code for this cart so I know which version it is? And maybe you can always add this code to the dump-info for each game? Thank you!

I know for example that Super Mario Bros PAL has an 1.1 version (I own a cart with XXA and a friend too) Mega man 3 PAL has 2 different versions too. One 1.0 with a faulty boss fight an a 1.1 which is probably fixed. And a lot of others. So it seems nessecary to check the codes to avoid later confusion.

Btw if anyone is willing to check his snes/N64 or gb/gbc collection for versions that are not dumped yet and is willing to lend his cart feel free to post. For example we need:

N64:

Turok 2 (U) (v1.1)

Castlevania (U) (v1.1)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) (v1.1)

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron (U) (v1.1)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (U) (v1.1)

Mario kart v1.2 (E)?

Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil V1.1 (E)

Waverace v1.1 (E) (Player's Choice version?)

snes:

possibly Terranigma (F) 1.1

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (E) (M2) (v1.0) (french-english version)

Sensible Soccer - International Edition (E) (v1.0) - maybe exists?

and also a few jap. missing versions.

but if you find ANY cart that you suspect is not dumped even if it is not listed (we don't know exactly what exists of course) please post! Thank you!

Ok BigFred, for next dump, I tell you this code.

Operation Wolf have not a letter, only 01.

I looked all cartridge I have and only this have a letter :

- super mario bros ( FRA )

- punch out ( NES-PT-FRA )

- soccer (NES-SC-FRA )

- dragonball ( NES-B8-EEC )

But I have an other dragonball cartridge ( again NES-B8-EEC ) without letter.

Ok BigFred, for next dump, I tell you this code.

Operation Wolf have not a letter, only 01.

I looked all cartridge I have and only this have a letter :

- super mario bros ( FRA )

- punch out ( NES-PT-FRA )

- soccer (NES-SC-FRA )

- dragonball ( NES-B8-EEC )

But I have an other dragonball cartridge ( again NES-B8-EEC ) without letter.

Thank you!

Are you able to dump all these games you mentioned? Seems you got a v1.0 and a 1.1 of Dragonball. btw even if a game is already dumped - a confirmation by a redump is much appreciated! :delire: So please dump everything you have access to if it does not make any problems.

Is Punch Out the cart with Mr. Dream instead of Tyson maybe?