Aller au contenu

Title Hac To Change Seiken 3 To Secret Of Mana 2?

Invité Invité

Messages recommandés

I saw a website with a title screen for Seiken Densetsu 3 with the same font as Neil's patch, but it said Secret of Mana 2. I later found out that this title screen is only in the german patch of the rom. Being bored and having nothing to do, I messed around in Photoshop and came up with a title screen design I thought looked nice.

374_1024.ts1131995968251.jpg373_1024.ts1131995909667.jpg

I went to the Zophar's Domain forum to post questions about the possibility of hacking my title design into a patch for the rom and I got a good bitching at from Sd3 purist who insist that Seiken Densetsu 3 is not related to SoM in any way. I tried asking around at the Tomato forums, who's members were alot less biting than Zophar's, but the people who responded know as little about graphic-hacking as I do (which is pretty much nothing).

http://forum.starmen.net/?t=msg&th=18161&start=0#msg_322606

I've never done this before, I've tried programs like Tiler, Tile Ed, Tile Layer Pro, Pic 2 SNES, they either confused me (its like a huge puzzle) or were Dos only and didn't like my Windows XP very much. Sorry for being a bother, but might you know anyone in the emulation community who could do this? I'll understand if its not possible.

I have Photoshop files as well as BMP's of my proposed image in a rar archive. I also have a secondary "seiken densetsu 3" design for the purist. I do not care about credit, also it is not my desire to alter anyone else's patch, I just want to change the title image.

If anybody out there wants my image-

Please email me at "blaze.fox.kitsune[at]gmail.com"

The title was originally ROMhacked by Neil Corlett (from a japanese title "聖剣伝説3" to a more "latinized" one "Seiken Densetsu 3", which was nice beacause they used the same kind of font). I guess Neill retired a long time ago, but I think it's possible for you to contact him...

I remember the game script was compressed. Would it be the same for the title screen ? If not, I guess you should do it using the old fashionned "puzzling" way.

Talking about communities, you may post your question on the forum of French ROMhacking scene : http://www.bessab.com/ or try to contact Terminus Traduction who also translated this game into French. They might help you : this is worth a try.

I think Seiken Densetsu 3 also have nothing to do with "Secret of Mana" : everything is different (I'm talking about the Man Tree). Seiken Densetsu was translated "Mystic Quest", Seiken Densetsu 4 was "Legend of Mana". In the near future, we'll get a "Children of Mana". My opinion is that it should be something related to "Mana" (this game SHOULD have been titled "Sword of Mana" because it's all about this sword, in my humble opinion) :D

However, I respect your choice because translators should do what they think is right for themselves :)

Good luck.

Invité Invité_Invité
The title was originally ROMhacked by Neil Corlett (from a japanese title "聖剣伝説3" to a more "latinized" one "Seiken Densetsu 3", which was nice beacause they used the same kind of font). I guess Neill retired a long time ago, but I think it's possible for you to contact him...

Neil came to the Zophar forum and said that he has "moved on."

So I highly doubt that he would want to make a title screen patch.

I know that the series numbers were screwed up, as they were for FF6.

But I'm an American, so I remember the first game as Secret of Mana.

I made two versions of the title image so that both sides would be happy.

I do have the REAL first game (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) on Gameboy.

Neils green stone font is pretty, but its hard to read on a Television screen.

Neil came to the Zophar forum and said that he has "moved on."

So I highly doubt that he would want to make a title screen patch.

That's what I thought. Try to contact another foreign group (French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, whatever :P), as I suggested you in my post above. Since they hacked the game, they might know of something.

I know that the series numbers were screwed up, as they were for FF6.

But I'm an American, so I remember the first game as Secret of Mana.

I made two versions of the title image so that both sides would be happy.

I do have the REAL first game (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) on Gameboy.

Neils green stone font is pretty, but its hard to read on a Television screen.

Errr... Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Super NES) and Mystic Quest (AKA Seiken Densetsu - Game Boy) are two completely different games. FFMQ is, IMHO, a horrible NES Game that has nothing to do with any Final Fantasy. Squaresoft just used the FF name to sell this awful game (many people liked it though...). Just like the Final Fantasy Legend series released on Game Boy.

Mystic Quest was the first Seiken Densetsu of the series. It was designed for Game Boy and recently re-released for GBA under the name "Sword of Mana" (a very nice version, I must admit).