Aller au contenu

Des Nouvelles De Rocknes

Kékidi

Messages recommandés

Sur le forum officiel de RockNES, un très joli émulateur NES, Fx3 nous annonce qu'après une année très chargée, il a enfin du temps pour lui. Il va donc revenir sur le travail de son émulateur et on peut espérer une nouvelle version d'ici peu.

- I was very busy making movies to my school, to celebrate a few things and to finish 2005 with style. Now, I'm back to RockNES. Unfortunately, I had to delay the release up to Xmas night. There's a few PPU issues detected by the recent release of test ROMs by blargg of NESdev. Other than that, the requested things (mouse, command line etc.) must be implemented yet...

Voir: le forum RockNES.

• 2 semaines après...

Encore des nouvelles de cet émulateurs NES. Ca avance petit à petit, mais ça avance. Pour le moment, l'auteur n'en est qu'à la phase de test. Il travail sur le PPU et seulement 2 tests sur 7 sont OK. Y'a encore du boulot, pourtant l'auteur est optimiste sur l'optimisation du rendu du PPU.

Sujet du Wip 01 03 2006.

• 4 semaines après...

La version 5 de RockNES arrive bientôt, théoriquement demain. Sur le forum de RockNES, FX3 nous dit:

No matter the emulation accuracy state, the 5.0 version is scheduled to this friday; all the issues/problems posted up to that day might be solved.
Voir le sujtet Release date.

Et sur la page d'accueil du site officiel, on peut lire :

RockNES/Win32 v5.00 coming soon!
Voir le site officiel.

Avec tout ça, si ce n'est pas clair.

Je continue mon monologue.

Finalement vendredi, il n'y a pas eu de nouvelle version de RockNES. L'auteur a décidé de retarder sa sortie, car il y avait encore trop de problème d'émulation. Cela était sûrement dû à un problème idiot au niveau du noyau PPU.

RockNES News

After a few tests, I decided to delay the release. There are ppu glitches, no clue what's up... but I'm tracing it. It's worth the delay.
- I'm debugging it like crazy. It took a lot of time to figure a stupid bug in my PPU core, due to a recent rewrite. Sometimes, I don't see anything that's right in front of me... Very Happy Best of lucky to this saturday

Et bien, ça bouge beaucoup du côté de cet émulateur NES. Ca ce voit que l'auteur est en retard sur la date annoncée de sa prochaine version.

5 février 2006

- After a hard work of tracing & debugging logs, all VBlank/NMI tests have passed OK. Yes, I replay the APU tests too... and they passed OK. Preliminary tests indicate that Battletoads is playable in the vertical tunnel stage (missing its name), no more hanging the emulation.

- What's left is a sprite fix, regarding fetching sprites #0 and #1 data. Once it's done, so a release might pop up. As quick note, I didn't add mouse or command line support yet... but they will anyways.

- You will have a solid and fast emulator. The previous version was overloaded, making it very slow... There's still a quirk on audio/video sync due to Allegro limitations OR unclear answers from its coders. Neutral I might bring some benchmark results later, to avail the emu speed.

- I never had a funny exercise like this PPU fix. Very cool, indeed. ^_^;;

6 février 2006
- I did the sprites behaviour fix. There are a few quirks left, but it would require a more detailed logging... to the next release. ^_^;; Anyway, I'm very happy with the current state of RockNES emulation. Version 5.0 means a breakthrough - just play it and tell me. From this point, things becore cleaner and easier.

-The release might happen today. If not, tomorrow. I'm unsure about the command line behaviour though... The mouse acting as controller is a nice idea too - trying to add it tonite.

- Ah, yes... the mappers. Well, the main problem lies on IRQ timing... on MMC3 mainly (mapper 4). I won't promise any fixes for now, but I'll take a look on every emulated mapper.

- It's been 1 year since the last release to public. Cya!

Non mais, vous croyez pas vous en tirer comme ça. Y'a encore plein de WIP de signaler le forum de ROCKNES. Ca vient, ça vient. Fx3 se décarcasse, mais à chaque fois qu'il avance, il trouve d'autre problèmes:

6 février 2006

13:41

- For some reason, Battletoads still hangs during the Impact Crater stage. Guess I was very lucky to get through this stage without hanging...? o.O

- Added a partial fix to 2004h read behaviour. It fixes the annoying flickering in Micro Machines. There's an annoyance left: 1 sprite isn't being displayed (the rectangle to select a player misses the upper right corner, plus a missing sprite during the CodeMasters logo).

- Cobra Triangle hangs on gameplay start, but NOT if you press F5 to reset and restart it. Odd... o.O

- Again, about the Battletoads problem, I'll test the emu using a PPU backup I have here. Maybe I changed something accidentally. ^_^;;

- More news later...

19:49

- The recent sprites behaviour fix has a problem. It glitches a few games. Not sure if related with Battletoads hanging, but might be. Investigating it...

23:53

- Damn it. There's a problem with the soft reset, of not working properly with a few games... Also, a strange timing problem already reported here regarding Cobra Triangle. Weird.

7 février 20060
3:57 AM (!)

- Fixed PPU RESET problem with a few games (NMI wasn't being disabled).

- Removed a few junks and fixed an IRQ sign flag (internal use).

* Pretty nice. More later, as usual... ^_^;;

Forum RockNES.